Romans 11:33-36

Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways! “For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor? Or who has given a gift to him that he might be repaid?” For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.

Monday, November 24, 2008

Why a New Blog?


Here it is just a few days before Thanksgiving, I have a million things to get done before Thursday, and what am I doing? I’m starting a blog. Now, the question I have to ask myself is why. Is it because my thoughts are so profound that it would be an injustice to keep them to myself? Hardly. Is it because there aren’t enough blogs on the internet that are worth reading? No, there are hundreds of blogs, the quality of which I can never hope to attain. So why do I feel the need to start one?


  1. It’s available
    What a wonderful medium the Lord has given us to use for His glory. If this is a means for me to interact with and encourage others concerning the Gospel of Jesus Christ, then I need to take advantage of it. I see this as one more tool the Lord has given me to glorify Him.
  2. I’m available
    As the full-time pastor of a Southern Baptist church tucked away in the beautiful mountains of Southern West Virginia, God has given me a pulpit to proclaim His Word. He’s also given me more to talk about than can be said in three weekly services and all of the affiliated activities. So, this can be an outlet for the overflow. If He wants to use me in this way, then I intend to be available.
  3. God is good
    There is nothing more important to God than His glory. Nothing pleases Him more than when His Son is made much of. If nothing else, this blog will afford me another opportunity to make much of Jesus. May the richness of His goodness and glory shine through in every posting and comment.

What will the content be?


We shall see. The possibilities are endless, but the postings will undoubtedly follow my interests—and nothing interests me more than the Gospel. I will include links to articles and postings that have impacted me in one way or another. As a bibliophile, one thing I look forward to is sharing what I’m reading in the form of reviews and critiques. I also intend to post links to my latest sermons. Regardless of how the content falls into place over the life of this blog, the central focus will remain the same. All things posted will have to pass the Ephesians 4:29 filter. The only thing I ask of you is that if you leave comments, please use the same filter.


So, with the Lord as our Banner, we will press on by His grace and for His glory!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Deep Riches