Romans 11:33-36

Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways! “For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor? Or who has given a gift to him that he might be repaid?” For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.

Monday, May 4, 2009

Personal Testimony, Part 7

God truly works in mysterious ways and works all things together for good to those who love Him and are the called according to His purpose. His gracious hand of purpose has worked throughout my life—many times in spite of me—to make me the man I am today. He put me in Denver, Colorado, just long enough to convince Miranda to marry me. He gave her to me to teach me by her example what true selflessness is. She is my helpmeet in all things and keeps my feet on the ground and my eyes on God. God put me in the Air Force to teach me service, discipline, leadership, and give me direction and purpose in life. He blessed Miranda and me with three wonderful children to teach us unconditional love, perseverance, and commitment. Each church and pastor God has placed us with has uniquely added to my family as well. At times He has given me success to teach me thankfulness. At other times He has given me failure to teach me humility. God’s glory even shines out of the ugliness of my past rebellion by giving me a testimonial perspective with which to reach the lost. Sometimes the road is smooth to teach me steadfastness. At other times the road is difficult to teach me perseverance and dependence. In all circumstances, He is there to love, guide, and guard me and my family. As I go through life and grow in the Lord, He continually teaches me that He is preeminent in all things and is to be glorified always. I am doing my job when I take the focus off me and put it on Him.

1 comments:

  • SOLUS CHRISTUS says:
    May 26, 2009 at 3:29 PM

    Parabéns por seu blog! Deus abençoe seu ministério. (Rev. Ronaldo Mendes- BRASIL)- Your blog is very good! congratulations!

    Igreja Presbiteriana Conservadora - Barra do Graças-MT- BRASIL

Post a Comment

Search Deep Riches