Romans 11:33-36

Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways! “For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor? Or who has given a gift to him that he might be repaid?” For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.

Monday, April 27, 2009

Personal Testimony, Part 5

Somewhere during this time of renewal, God began to remind me of His call on my life. When God truly calls a person, His call does not expire. In my life, He remained quiet until I was ready to fully submit to His lordship. His reminder did not come dramatically, but rather in a slow, unfolding way. First, He gave me an insatiable hunger for learning. Then, he built upon that learning with a desire and a gift to teach. Finally, it was as clear as if He tapped me on the shoulder and said, “Remember how at one time I wanted you to preach? I still do.” Up until that point, I had not remembered the commitment I made years before at Glorietta. It was only after I renewed my relationship with God that He graciously, clearly, and quietly reminded me of His call.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Deep Riches