Romans 11:33-36

Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways! “For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor? Or who has given a gift to him that he might be repaid?” For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas Family Devotional Guide

What's in a name? (Part 3)

And in that day thou shalt say, O Lord, I will praise thee; though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortst me. Behold God is my salvation: I will trust and not be afraid: for the Lord JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. Therefore, with JOY shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation. And in that day shall ye say, Praise the Lord, call upon His name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that His name is exhalted. Sing unto the Lord; for he hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth. (Isaiah 12:1-5)

Of the eight aspects to Jesus’ claim to deity, the first would be the use of the Jehovistic, “I AM” (Exodus 3:1-14). Moses was told, when he ask God What is your name? What shall I say to them? And God said, “I Am that I AM” thus say “I Am” has sent Moses.

Jehovah: He is faithful, Promise keeper (Psalm 102:27)
1. Jehovah Jireh: God provides (Genesis 22:14/Hebrews 10:4)
2. Jehovah Rophi: God heals (Psalm 103:2-3/Matthew 11:47)
3. Jehovah Nissi: The Lord is conqueror (Exodus 17:15-16/I Samuel 15:3)
4. Jehovah Shalom: God is our peace (Judges 6:24/John 16:33)
5. Jehovah Tsidkenu: The Lord is righteous (Psalm 119:137/Jeremiah 23:6)
6. Jehovah Rohi: God is our shepherd (Psalm 23:1/I Peter 2:25)
7. Jehovah Mekaddesh: The Lord makes us holy for service (Leviticus 20:8)
8. Jehovah Shammah: The Lord is here (Exodus 24:16-17/Revelation 21:1-3)

Jesus made bold claims and He has proved Himself to be the great provider. “Jehovah Jireh” can be seen in Jesus, and by His own declaration. “I am the bread of life”, “I am the way, the truth, and the life”, “I am the good shepherd”, and “I am the light of the world”.
Genesis 22 reveals a real problem! Isaac says to his father Abraham; We have fire and the wood; but where is the lamb for a burnt offering? Abraham replies, My son “God will provide” himself a lamb for a burnt offering.

John the Baptist also sees a problem and the solution at the same time, “Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sins of the world (John 1:29). God does provide for you and me and to whosoever will come to God through Jesus (Romans 10:9-13).

God has provided a way to forgive us and to give us a hope of eternal salvation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Deep Riches