Romans 11:33-36

Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways! “For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor? Or who has given a gift to him that he might be repaid?” For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.

Monday, December 29, 2008

Ten Bold Believers Stories from 2008

Each day through the end of the year, I will be posting one of the top 10 “Bold Believers” stories of 2008, as reported by the Voice of the Martyrs Kids of Courage.

3. Bangladesh:

Safe From Threats

Mamota lives at a hidden camp. Christians who are at risk of persecution stay at the camp. They live in dorms, go to school, and worship together. Mamota helps with chores at the camp, and she likes to jump rope for fun. Here is what she told a worker from The Voice of the Martyrs in 2008:

“I was born in 1992. I have three sisters and one brother. My father is an evangelist. He preaches the gospel to Muslims. Many Muslims do not want to hear the Good News about Jesus. They try to stop my dad from preaching. They threaten him to make him afraid so he will stop his work.

“One thing the Muslims said to him is that they could take me and marry me off to a Muslim boy and my father would never see me again. So my father brought me to this camp to live safely and to study. Here I am learning more about Jesus each day.”

To protect their identities, the names of some of the people on this site and some identifying details have been changed. Some of the quotes and stories have been edited and paraphrased from the original sources for clarity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Deep Riches