Romans 11:33-36

Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways! “For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor? Or who has given a gift to him that he might be repaid?” For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Daily Truth

Today's thought-shaping text is Hebrews 7.
King of my peace and righteousness(7:1-3),
Thank You for being in such control over history that even a Canaanite king of Abraham's time was a picture of Christ (6:20), and the old testament priestly sacrifices pointed to the one, perfect sacrifice of Jesus. Don't let me be deceived into thinking that I am the one who blesses You. Anything good with which I bless You, I have received from You (7:7). Thank You For being the kind of priest I need: one who always lives to intercede for me with the Father, holy, innocent, undefiled, sinless, and right there in heaven with the Father, not needing to offer sacrifices for sin over and over since You offered the perfect sacrifice once, Yourself (25-27). I draw near to you today. You are an immeasurably better hope than hoping that sacrificed bulls might cover the guilt of my rebellion (18-19). Thank You for that sure hope.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Deep Riches