Romans 11:33-36

Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways! “For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor? Or who has given a gift to him that he might be repaid?” For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Daily Truth

Today's Godward-focusing time is in Psalm 84. 
Lord of Hosts,
Show me more and more of Your beauty so that I will increasingly long for You with all of my being (1-2). Prove to those near me that You are my Lord, King, and God today (3). Thank You  that in Christ, You made me Your holy house (4). Strengthen me today with a heart set on drawing near to You (5). Turn my hurts into blessings as only You can (6-7). As my "sun," cause my life to revolve around You, holding me close in the gravity of Your holiness, giving light by which to walk and warmth in which to grow. As my "shield," give protection. You give to me undeserved favor and glory (11). Where else could Your people possibly prefer to be but with You. Help me resist the lie that there is any place or experience more satisfying than just a day on Your front porch (10). Thank Your for promising an eternity in Your heavenly house. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Deep Riches