Romans 11:33-36

Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways! “For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor? Or who has given a gift to him that he might be repaid?” For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Daily Truth

Today's time being transformed by God's Word is in Psalm 73. 
Lord,
when the lost look at their wealth, comfort, and influence, they doubt what You say about the source of real, abundant life (1-12). Don't allow me to think like them (16-17, 21-22). Remind me just how dangerously insecure are those who trust in the pleasures of this life (18-19) and that trusting in worldly pleasures is "brutish and ignorant" (22). Help me influence my generation with this truth about real life, even if I suffer for it (12-14). Thank You for real life: for holding my hand securely (23), for being my refuge (28), for being the "rock of my heart" (26), for Your guidance, and for getting to be with You in heaven (24-26). Let me want nothing on earth more than You (25). Just let me be near You today, and forever (28).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Deep Riches