Romans 11:33-36

Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways! “For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor? Or who has given a gift to him that he might be repaid?” For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.

Monday, October 29, 2012

Re: Daily truth (2nd attempt)

Thanks Earl,
I sent it twice because there is a glitch in my "group" email app that automatically excludes folks and if I don't remember to go back through the list and include them, I have to send it to everybody again because I don't know whom it did not send to
I thank you for your prayers. God has been very very good to us these last couple of months. We still have no definite place to minister permantly, but trust God to provide. The church in New Mexico to which we went in view of a call in September was in such a state of division (even though they extended a call by a 96% vote, 2 of the sources of division who are also on staff voted against us coming) and I could not put my family in that situation right now. I don't think we are strong enought yet to work, wondering if those staff were trying to undercut our ministry efforts. So we are waiting on the Lord right now. We miss you and so many at FBC very much.  Even though I feel like a father whose custodial rights have been prematurely terminated, I know God is good and He has a good plan for those at FBC. I can't imagine how people go through things like this without the peace of the Lord's sovereignty.  We do cherish your prayers, Earl.
Seeking to make disciples who make disciples,
James 

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 11:15 AM, James Boyd <mrbyoda@gmail.com> wrote:
Today's time being changed by the grace of God's Word is in Psalm 106:1-23 
Lord,
Although I could never praise You as much as You deserve, let my words, actions, and thoughts today be the first verse of an unending song to You (2). Help me begin to list Your many acts of love toward me (7,13). You saved me to display Your great power to save, not my own ability to be good (8). Don't allow me to besmirch Your reputation as Savior today by acting as if You are impotent to make me holy. Help me hear You today (13). If I am not  satisfied by You, don't give me what I wrongly think will satisfy me. It might keep me from chasing after You (14-15). Kill off any envy in my heart today (16). Anything glorious in me is because of You (20). Don't let me give You up to worship something that You have made (19). Thank You for Jesus who bridges that gap that I create between You and  me by rebelling against Your rule. By Your Spirit, use me to point the lost to Jesus who stands in the gap for them (23). 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Deep Riches