Romans 11:33-36

Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways! “For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor? Or who has given a gift to him that he might be repaid?” For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.

Monday, January 28, 2013

Daily Truth

Today's time encountering God in His Word is in James 3:1-12. 
Lord, 
Always change me by Your Word before I teach it to bring transformation in anyone else (1). And if spiritual maturity means having a Spirit-controlled mouth (2), then do as the psalmist says (Psalm 141:3) and "put a guard over my mouth" today and control my mouth (8). Let it boast only of You (5). Don't let it be hypocritical by blessing those I like but cursing those I don't like (9-10). Make my mouth a pure spring flowing with truth spoken in love (11). Keep the sinful tendencies of my mouth from being a destroying fire today (6). Let others see You in what comes out of my mouth. 
Amen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Deep Riches