Romans 11:33-36

Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways! “For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor? Or who has given a gift to him that he might be repaid?” For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.

Friday, February 1, 2013

Daily Truth

Today's time meeting with God in His Word is in James 4:13-17. 
Lord,
Make all my plans for today concede to what You have for me to do (13, 15). I admit that I do not know enough to plan out my life since I do not even know its length (14). Being so proud as to predict my future successes is not just inappropriate, it is evil (16) and sinful (17) because it sets me up to take the glory that only You deserve. Forgive me for desiring to promote my own greatness instead if Yours. 
Amen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Deep Riches