Romans 11:33-36

Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways! “For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor? Or who has given a gift to him that he might be repaid?” For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It’s About Time!

There are many reasons I am excited for the coming of the New Year. One of the main reasons is that this year I get to start a new sermon series. My practice is to preach verse-by-verse through books. I generally preach through New Testament books on Sunday morning and Old Testament books during our Sunday evening service. While preaching through books is my conviction, I also find it necessary to break certain long studies up with shorter passage series.

In November 2007, I started preaching through the book of Ezra. We completed our verse-by-verse expositional study in July of 2008. I had originally intended to preach Ezra and Nehemiah as the unit they were written to be, but after that many weeks in a row, we needed a break. I preached a series called Summer Psalms, followed by a six-week series on the Model Prayer. After a Christmas series, the calendar will soon change to a new year.

That means the wait is almost over—it’s nearly time to dive into Nehemiah! Starting January 3rd, look for weekly sermon manuscript postings on SermonCentral. Also, barring any technical difficulties, audio recordings will be available each week in the player below.

I have no idea how long it will take us to work our way through Nehemiah. I will have a better idea as the focus of my book outline sharpens over the next several days. Suffice it to say, we will be there long enough to hear what the Lord would have us to hear in His holy Word. I hope that you will join us for the journey!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Deep Riches