Romans 11:33-36

Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways! “For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor? Or who has given a gift to him that he might be repaid?” For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Daily Truth

Today's time being reminded of our Savior's love is in Psalm 136. 
Lord,
Thank You for showing me that real love is unending love (1-3). Thank You that You reveal Your love for me by creating (4-9), saving me (10-24), and providing for me (25-26). By these great and powerful works, You draw my focus to You, which is the most loving thing You can do. For if You pointed my eyes to the greatness of anything but You, I would miss out on Your ultimate awesomeness. It would be less than loving for You to point me to second best. But out of love for me, You create, save me, and provide for me so that I will look at that which is most glorious, You. So, don't let me be satisfied by the beauty of the world. Don't let me be content with the idea of salvation or heaven apart from You. Don't let my stuff satisfy me. But instead, let it all point my eyes to Your great beauty, righteousness, and love today. 
Amen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Deep Riches