Romans 11:33-36

Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways! “For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor? Or who has given a gift to him that he might be repaid?” For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Daily Truth

Today's time letting the truth of God wash over us is in Psalm 121. (The next 15 Psalms are "songs of ascent" and were likely sung 3 times per year on the way up to the Temple. Today's is from the perspective of one living among the godless and longing to make the trip to worship with God's people.
Lord,
I live at a time and in a culture where truth is a low priority (2). The peace that I long for with others is so elusive (7). When I am overwhelmed by the godless and wild ways of the world around me (as in Meshech and Kedar), remind me that I am not a citizen here. I am on a pilgrimage to You where truth is undeniable (5-6) and judgment of the liars is certain (3-4). Keep my mouth from lies today and in the midst of this crazy, messed up world, bring me to You in worship. 
Amen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Deep Riches