Romans 11:33-36

Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways! “For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor? Or who has given a gift to him that he might be repaid?” For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Daily Truth

Today's time being shaped by the Word is in Psalm 130.
Lord,
Thank You for hearing me cry out to You from whatever hole I might be in (1-2). Thank You also for not treating me according to the way that my sin deserves (3). I am truly in awe of the way you love and forgive. Make me more like that (4). Help me wait with hopeful anticipation not for what the world promises, but for what Your Word promises. As watchmen used to stand on the city walls looking out for enemy attacks until  the safety of morning light, I wait for you to rescue me from all evil and bring me into Your kingdom of light in heaven (6). I rest in Your promise of all-sufficient redemption (7-8). Help me lead others to rest in that promise too. 
Amen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Deep Riches